Re: [Shop-talk] Square D QO breaker Box

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Square D QO breaker Box
From: Mark Miller <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 00:18:35 -0700

--------------3B5B8538726824B745BCF3B3

It is designed to be fed by 240V (2 phase 120) power.  If you are
feeding it with a single leg of 120V just tie the two main lugs together
and run that from your power source.  The lugs should be large enough to
have your incoming power go into one and then have a second wire in that
lug feed the other lug.

Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
markmiller@threeboysfarm.com

On 4/13/2021 10:01 PM, shop-talk-request@autox.team.net wrote:
> -----Original Message----- From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 7:58 PM To: Jack Brooks
> <JIBrooks@live.com> Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net> Subject:
> Re: [Shop-talk] Square D QO breaker Box On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 6:39
> PM Jack Brooks <JIBrooks@live.com> wrote:
>> I am building a Sprinter van into an RV and have a question about the 120v
>> breaker box (SquareD QO24L70RBCP).  It is a 2-Space, 4-Circuit load center.
>> My concern is that while the Neutral bar has four positions on a common bar,
>> the two breaker connections are independent, without a common bar between
>> the two.  This surprised the heck out of me. My inverter (Victron
>> 24/70/3000)  has a single AC output with a ?cage clamp? terminal, not a
>> screw down or stud terminal which would be easy. I can run a 6 or 8 AWG from
>> the inverter to the Breaker box, but it needs to go to the two separate
>> screw down terminals.  Physically, I believe I can run an 8 AWG wire into
>> one breaker, and then back out to the other breaker, but I?m concerned about
>> whether this is a code violation.

--------------3B5B8538726824B745BCF3B3

  <head>
  </head>
      feeding it with a single leg of 120V just tie the two main lugs
      together and run that from your power source.  The lugs should be
      large enough to have your incoming power go into one and then have
      a second wire in that lug feed the other lug.<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:markmiller@threeboysfarm.com";>markmiller@threeboysfarm.com</a></pre>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:shop-talk-request@autox.team.net";>shop-talk-request@autox.team.net</a>
 wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:mailman.12415.1618376486.2739.shop-talk@autox.team.net">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap=""><div class="moz-txt-sig">-----Original
Message-----
On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 6:39 PM Jack Brooks <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:JIBrooks@live.com";
moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;JIBrooks@live.com&gt;</a> wrote:
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">I am building a Sprinter van into an
RV and have a question about the 120v breaker box (SquareD QO24L70RBCP).  It is
a 2-Space, 4-Circuit load center.  My concern is that while the Neutral bar has
four positions on a common bar, the two breaker connections are independent,
without a common bar between the two.  This surprised the heck out of me. My
inverter (Victron 24/70/3000)  has a single AC output with a ?cage clamp?
terminal, not a screw down or stud terminal which would be easy. I can run a 6
or 8 AWG from the inverter to the Breaker box, but it needs to go to the two
separate screw down terminals.  Physically, I believe I can run an 8 AWG wire
into one breaker, and then back out to the other breaker, but I?m concerned
about whether this is a code violation.</pre>

--------------3B5B8538726824B745BCF3B3--

--===============0072918268035239836==

--===============0072918268035239836==--