Re: [Shop-talk] Extension cord length vs. wire gauge

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Extension cord length vs. wire gauge
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 09:59:15 -0400 10/31/2018 09:59:17 AM, Serialize complete at 10/31/2018 09:59:17 AM
--===============0043300681193524019==

--=_alternative 004CD70185258337_=

OK, I hate to be 'that guy' but have you looked at this...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NBVCQ4W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A little pricey, BUT it is an excuse to buy a tool, AND you can use it for
a lot of other things.  I have this model and I run a firewood farm.  My
jaw dropped the first time I use this thing.

It is a beast, the batteries do last long.  The kerf is very narrow, so I
think that is why the performance is so great.

Arguments for...

-It's way safer than a gas powered unit
-You do not need to worry about extension cords (if you are making this
augment to an SO, also add "Honey, if I accidentally nick the wire with
the chainsaw, I might get electrocuted.  You don't want that, do you?)*
-Instead of being 'ashamed' of the electric saw, you get to proclaim this
awesomeness
-the batteries are compatible with other Dewalt items, SO there is
possible more tool goodness to come.
-Did I mention bragging rights?
-You can even use to it trim wood to use in projects, like if you make
bowls, carvings or pens on a lathe (I do use this for it.)
-You can use it inside if you need to do demo/home repair
-It's Dewalt, so that is cool

Just some food for thought.

*= I'm a 47 year old bachelor.  I do not know anything about long term
marriages,so this may not work.  YMMV.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson
--=_alternative 004CD70185258337_=

looked at this...</font>
href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NBVCQ4W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1";><font
 size=2 color=blue
face="sans-serif">https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NBVCQ4W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1</font></a>
to buy a tool, AND you can use it for a lot of other things. &nbsp;I have
this model and I run a firewood farm. &nbsp;My jaw dropped the first time
I use this thing.</font>
long. &nbsp;The kerf is very narrow, so I think that is why the performance
is so great.</font>
unit</font>
cords (if you are making this augment to an SO, also add &quot;Honey, if
I accidentally nick the wire with the chainsaw, I might get electrocuted.
&nbsp;You don't want that, do you?)*</font>
saw, you get to proclaim this awesomeness</font>
Dewalt items, SO there is possible more tool goodness to come.</font>
use in projects, like if you make bowls, carvings or pens on a lathe (I
do use this for it.)</font>
do demo/home repair</font>
do not know anything about long term marriages,so this may not work.
&nbsp;YMMV.</font>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============0043300681193524019==--