Re: [Shop-talk] Grinder pedestal

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Grinder pedestal
From: Joe Szwed <szwedj@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 09:20:07 -0500
I welded one up for my Dad once where he used an old disc blade from an old
set of agricultural disc's.  It wasn't real heavy but because of how it was
domed, it was very sturdy.  It set on the floor nice and didn't rock at
all.  I built a few stand bases using channel iron in a cross or an "H" for
myself.  I have seen many times over the years where people used as
mentioned, car or truck rims, rotors or brake drums.  It seems to be one of
those things where most people use whatever they have on hand.  Thinking
about it off the top of my head, I have a old cast iron base from a patio
umbrella that would make a nice base for a stand.

Joe