Re: [Shop-talk] Oven problem

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oven problem
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw360@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 18:44:00 -0700
Cc: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
On Oct 24, 2013, at 5:40 PM, eric@megageek.com wrote:

> Here is the problem, the oven works fine, but sometimes there is a loud
> hum from it when it is NOT on.

Just plug it in when you are using it?

> Oh, one more question, what is the difference between "Broil" and "Bake?"
> I'm a 42 year old (come Sunday) bachelor and I don't cook.  More
> importantly, which one do I use for powder coating and what setting?

Broil would turn on the element on the top, and would be used for direct heat
cooking.  Not what you would want for power coating.  Typically it isnt even
controlled by the thermostat.

Use the bake setting, what ever temperature you are supposed to cure at.

-Darrell