Re: [Shop-talk] I feel . . . wrong

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] I feel . . . wrong
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 13:02:22 -0700
On 05/03/2013 04:53 AM, Wayne wrote:

> Another good alternative that may be a little cheaper: Yamaha's 2
> stroke oil, "YamaLube" comes in "2S" for machines with oil injection
> pumps, and "2R" for pre-mix with gas. Started using it when I got my
> bike, and then tried it in the little power equipment, and was very
> pleased at the improvement. It's around $7 - $9/qt at bike shops that
> are Yamaha dealers, or mail order.

Yamalube is good stuff.  All their chemicals are.  I used to use their
case sealant on my british motorcycles
which have especially poor case mating surfaces.  My Triumph didn't leak
after I was done rebuilding it with Yamabond #4 and #5.

But the Redline oil will make the exhaust smell better.

Eric.