Re: [Shop-talk] I feel . . . wrong

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] I feel . . . wrong
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 07:29:17 -0700
On 05/01/2013 12:06 PM, Jimmie Mayfield wrote:
> when I'm done, I smell like 2-cycle exhaust.

Get some Redline twostroke oil.  I prefer their Allsport for power
equipment (I also used it in my trials motorcycles).
It's a low deposit synthetic oil, made for applications like outboard
motors which may have to idle for a long time without fouling a plug and
still handle a WFO run back to the dock for beer.  It is not that expensive.

But the great thing about Redline twostroke oils, besides lubricating
well, is that they make the exhaust smell good.
Not like unicorn farts or strawberries, but like castor based two-stroke
oils.  It makes weed whacking smell like the race track without the eye
watering race gas.

I started using in trials bikes because in trials you do a lot of low
speed riding and often practice the same obstacle over and over, so you
get to smell your exhaust.  And when competing you sometimes wait in a
line of a few bikes.  The Motul I had been using made the exhaust smell
nasty and other competitors complained.

You'll still smell like exhaust but you won't mind so much.

Eric