Re: [Shop-talk] Sanding cylinders on drill press

To: Lee Daniels <lee@automate-it.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Sanding cylinders on drill press
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 15:58:23 -0800
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Lee - they are great for sanding curved edges that you cut with a jig,
band, or scroll saw.  Take a piece of thick plywood or a 1x and cut a
hole about 1/2" bigger than the sanding bit you are using and clamp it
to the drill press table.  Raise the table so the edge of the bit is
below the board with the hole and sand away.  Start at low speed,
especially with the larger sanding bits.  Use the biggest bit that fits
the curve for the smoothest results.

Brian