Re: [Shop-talk] Tapeless Joint Compound?

To: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tapeless Joint Compound?
From: bk13 <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 08:28:20 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
Jim - I searched "tapeless joint compound" and found
http://www.edp-inc.net/Products.php

It sounds like the same stuff, but they appear to just sell by the pallet via
the web site.  Click the contact page and they have a selection of retail
locations.

Their product is a setting type joint compound.  You can but setting type
compounds at the local home centers and I use them for most of my patches since
they are stronger and dry faster than regular drywall joint compound.  For the
average homeowner, the 45 or 90 minute set is probably good.  The faster stuff
is likely to set before you get it right, so I would not recommend it for
general use.

Brian - getting ready to contract out a 21 sheet ceiling job