[Shop-talk] faucets, mixing valves, and regular valves

Subject: [Shop-talk] faucets, mixing valves, and regular valves
From: marka at maracing.com (Mark Andy)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 09:45:52 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011, Pat Horne wrote:
> A mixing valve should work for you if you don't need mass quantities of
> water. They are usually plumbed with 1/2" line. which is fine for sever
> gallons a minute, but not much more.
>
> If you decide to go with a DIY of 2 valves I would recommend ball valves
> instead of gate valves. They shut off better and can pass more water than the
> run of the mill (Lowes) gate valves. They are probably cheaper also.

I've been having trouble finding a mixing valve (other than a regular
faucet)... Got a link?

1/4 turn ball valves would be fine, but I was worried that I'd be using
them partially open a lot.  The other question with the two valve approach
is that I'm not sure what happens if I have both valves partially open and
the hose handle off so that there's no flow out the end.  Will I get
hot/cold water mixing in the lines?  And is that a problem?

Mark