Re: [Shop-talk] OFF TOPIC - wood splitting

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] OFF TOPIC - wood splitting
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 16:57:30 -0400
Finally, a topic I can offer some advice on.  8>)

I personally find it just as easy to split wood with an ax then with a
splitter.  Better workout as well.

You are suppose to split when green to let the wood dry out.

If you are close to NJ and you have a 3pt hitch, you are more than welcome
to borrow my wood splitter if you aren't up to the chore of ax splitting.

FWIW, I can split wood as fast with an ax then with a splitter.  But there
are new ones now that split in both directions that would cut the time in
half!

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
04/22/2011 14:24

shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
[Shop-talk] OFF TOPIC - wood splitting

  As long as we are off topic the last few days...

  I just had a large oak tree cut down and I kept the wood but now I
have to split it.  I am thinking I will rent a splitter for a weekend.

  When do you split wood ? I always thought it was after good and dry
but the tree guy said anytime is fine, if i split it when its green it
will dry faster (that makes sense).

  Shop content - I will use the split wood in my wood burning pizza oven
to make pizza's to eat in the shop

     mike