[Shop-talk] multimedia in the shop

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] multimedia in the shop
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 23:01:28 -0400
Ok, I'm sure you all have stereos in your shops.  I have a question about
the electronics in dusty environments like garages.

My speakers get pretty dusty over the years.  They are high up and not
easy to clean regularly.  Are there any problems putting a plastic bag
over them?  What if I left the bottom's of the bags open?  What about
pallet wrapping them?

Next question, I'm adding a projector to garage and I'm trying to figure
out the best way to cover that.  Now I know that it needs lots of air to
stay cool when running, but is there an easy way to keep the dusty off of
it when I'm not using it?  Again, it will be up high and not easy to pull
a cover off manually.  I was thinking about maybe a box with some fans and
air filters or something.

FWIW, before you judge me, I turn 40 this Oct and I believe I'm having my
mid-life crisis.  Since I've already done all the stupid things that most
men do when they hit 40 (i.e. motorcycles, fast cars, big trucks, date
younger girls), I have to find other insane pursuits.  So adding a 12'
motorized movie screen to the garage is just one of them!  8>)

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums