Re: [Shop-talk] Porch Ceiling

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Porch Ceiling
From: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:04:45 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, Rich White wrote:
> That would mean that he would have to remove the drywall that is
> currently there to gain access to the ceiling joists.

Ah.  That makes way more sense.  :-)

How much does this stuff you want to put up weigh?  How many rafters are
you going to miss?

I'd be tempted to glue it and nail it, if it wasn't pretty heavy and you
weren't going to miss too many rafters.

Otherwise, if the stuff is designed to go directly onto studs, I wouldn't
think there'd be a problem using 1x4 or whatever boards as lathes like you
mentioned.  If that wouldn't work because its flexible enough to sag,
you'd need to glue it anyway, so I'd be back to option #1.

Mark

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums