[Shop-talk] Small Pace trailer axles?

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Small Pace trailer axles?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:31:19 -0400
Hi all..I have a 4x8 Pace enclosed trailer, with a torsion suspension axle.
Apparently when the torsion goes away, the entire axle needs to be replaced.
It's welded in place for maximum convenience.

I called my local Pace dealer and they said to bring it down so they can
measure it, because Pace puts on whatever axle is handy at the moment. That's
not convenient for me, working all week and of course I have a motorcycle
event this weekend.

Does anyone have experience with these axles? Good places to buy parts? I'd
like to trust the dealer, but he just didn't sound too confident.

thanks,

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums