Re: [Shop-talk] alternative fluids for parts washers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] alternative fluids for parts washers
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:10:36 -0700
> I never had the chance to check out simple green on its own
> though, does it
> work effectively?

It didn't work so well for me; but I didn't load a parts washer up with it.
Just used a spray bottle to saturate a greasy old TR gearbox, let it sit for
a few hours, then hit it with a pressure washer.  After several rounds of
that, it was still greasy and dirty, so I switched to other methods.

Never did get it really clean, but I only wanted clean enough to rebuild
anyway.

BTW, don't forget to consider the effects of the solvent on your parts
washer.  Mine was effectively ruined because the petroleum based solvent I
used attacked the plastic in the pump.  It's still sitting in the backyard,
waiting for me to replace the pump.

Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums