[Shop-talk] DeWalt grinder problem

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] DeWalt grinder problem
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 19:30:56 -0400
This is a fairly specific question, but you guys know everything,
right?  I have a DeWalt DW402 4 1/2" angle grinder.  There is a pin
you push in to lock the spindle so you can change the grinding
wheels.  In the manual it says, do not push this in while the grinder
is operating, or you will break it.  Well, somebody, couldn't have
been me, of course, must have done this.  I can still get it to lock
if I push it in extra far, but it is a pain and is probably on
borrowed time.  I have looked online and I do not see this pin called
out as a separate part.  The whole gear case top is $25 and I suppose
it contains that assembly.  Have any of you ever opened one of these
things up?  Is it possible to replace just the pin?  Thanks.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums