Re: [Shop-talk] Subject: PC-based or handheld oscilloscopes?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Subject: PC-based or handheld oscilloscopes?
From: "Mark Miller" <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:21:37 -0700
<<<

I'm considering getting a small handheld or PC-based oscilloscope, and I was
wondering if anybody had any recommendations.  My budget is something like
$300, so the Tek or Fluke products are out of the question.

I have seen standalone units from Vellman and some Chinese manufacturers, as
well as some PC-based units like these:

Link MSO-19: http://www.linkinstruments.com/mso19.htm

Parallax PropScope: www.parallax.com

Various models from Pico Tech: http://www.picotech.com/oscilloscope.html

Any advice?  I'm certain that I would use it for ignition analysis as well
as other electronic applications.

Thanks,

Doug

Take a look at ebay.  You can easily find a good Tek scope for that much or
less - just took a look and saw a TDS 4 channel for $250 BIN.

Mark.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums