Re: [Shop-talk] Brake system bleeders

To: Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brake system bleeders
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 04:05:46 +0000 (UTC)
OK, so I have never tried this with a TR...

I put a new clutch slave in a Miata.  Entire system was bone dry, all the fluid
had drained out of the previous defective slave.  I installed the new one dry,
then poured fluid into the master reservoir.  I did no bleeding at all, never
touched the bleed screw in the slave.  Instead, I jumped up and down on the
clutch pedal for several minuted until I could feel the clutch working.  I
drove the car for a couple of years.  Never had any clutch problems of any kind.

I put a new clutch master in my TR4.  Didn't bench-bleed it.  Did conventional
bleeding.  No problems.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UB "uncle jack"
1979 Caterham Super Seven
2004 Suburban 8.1
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net