Re: [Shop-talk] Mice infestation

To: Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA <gsteve@hammatt.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mice infestation
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:55:46 -0700
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 03:31:32PM -0700, Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA
wrote:
> We've gone with the peanut butter route, but no luck.

What's "no luck"?

Traps snapped but no critter, or bait eaten but trap
not snaped, or trap untouched?

For 1, the traps not in the right place, or you have the wrong size critter
for your trap.  (a mouse trap doesn't kill a rat it just gives him a wedgie)
For #2, the trigger or bail is rusty or dirty. Easier to just
 get a new one.  Or you didn't stick the PB down inside the "tube"
in the trigger. You need to make them work for it.
For #3, the trap is in the wrong place.  Or the critters
prefer organic and you gave them Jif.

I've used organic recently but when I trapped mice for
field studies (using modified snap traps taped to PVC pipes
to capture but not kill) we used commercial PB with success.

Eric

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums