Re: [Shop-talk] Mice infestation

To: Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA <gsteve@hammatt.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mice infestation
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:21:01 -0700
I have had good luck using snap traps baited with fresh peanut butter.

Place the trap with the long side along an edge, i.e. next to
the trans tunnel.  Rodents tend to avoid open spaces.
Change the traps every day or two- put in fresh bait and move them
around.

Whatever you do, take care of the problem quick.  I didn't in my GMC
(actually I didn't know they were in it; I wasn't driving it
often enough) and the critters ate $400 worth of wiring under the hood.

If there's brush or bushes close to the vehicle, trim them back.
The more open area they have to cover to get to the vehicle
the less likely they are to set up housekeeping in it.

Eric

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums