Re: [Shop-talk] Bird in shop

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Bird in shop
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:27:58 -0700 (PDT)
Geez, after reading about everyone's woes with the birds, I don't feel so bad
after my years long battle with the rats in my car's engine compartment.  I've
finally found some pretty effective (and expensive) rat traps, but now that I
seemed to have eliminated the rats, a possum has moved in. The nest spans both
sides of the engine compartment. I'll deal with him soon and it wont be pretty.
 (evil laugh)

Brian
battmain@yahoo.com

________________________________
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
(snip)

On 3/13/2010 12:37 PM, Jim Franklin wrote:
> My garage is a converted carport, and a previous tenant (sparrow) refuses to
> respect the new tenant (me). It keeps coming in and crapping on my motorcycles
> (it finds the mirrors particularly attractive). Other than spraying it with
> something flaming or sticky and then stomping it to death, how do I get it to

Well, WD-40 and a lighter can work really well.  Just have an extinguisher
and/or hose handy.  I pretty much hate birds, except for the ones that are
tasty or good hot sauce carriers, and even then only if someone else prepares
them.

I've had them do obnoxious stuff like nest in (and ruin) the gloves to my sand
blast cabinet, nest on top of or behind the light covers of my garage door
opener, get in my dryer vent, etc.  Or just crap on all kinds of stuff in my
garage & house.
(snip)

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums