Re: [Shop-talk] can I safely heat up a black iron clean out?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] can I safely heat up a black iron clean out?
From: "Shop at \" Just Brits \"" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:39:48 -0600
1st, I am NOT any sort of 'expert' with 'black' pipe.

2nd, that said what I would try is a soak with "Busty" [MY
favorite & not just because I sell it <G>], Kroil, PBBLaster
what-ever.  SEVERAL time & FOAM it on so that it REALLY
WORKS !!  Then using TWO [2] people pipe wrench on the
big pipe just to hold it from any sort of 'turning'.  2nd
pipe wrench [fitting 'looks' round ?!?] in the TIGHTEN
direction;  give end of wrench a sharp but not to heavily
smack on the end.  RE-SOAK with the penetrating fluid
[foam it on].  Go have cocktail/brew and then RE-soak.
Cocktail/brew and apply 2nd pipe-wrench to the 'nipple'
in the UN-do direction and give sharp rap to end of wrench.
REPEAT above several time until the 'nipple' begins to
turn easily.

Just do NOT rush the 'steps' above.  The ONLY lose I
have had using this method in around 30 decades was a 3"
bolt that went thru a 2.5" aluminum 'spacer' on an
alternator install [original install] on a Chev. 350cid motor.

Dis-similar metals WON <VBG> !!!!

YMMV & FWIW & FYI & etc., etc., etc. !!

Ed