Re: [Shop-talk] Build a shop inside the house ?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Build a shop inside the house ?
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 15:26:16 -0700
> The only "foolish" part I see would be the resale value hit, but if you
> don't care about that I don't see a problem - except maybe your neighbors.

Shop smells getting into the living quarters.

I had a paint booth in the back room of a house
I was renting.  I made an exhaust system to suck the fumes from
the booth into the outdoors but it still stunk up the house some.

In my garage proper I'd often run two-stroke bikes (stinky) or burn out
the crud from expansion chambers  (incredibly stinky and smoky, to the
point where neighbors would ask what was going on).  The garage didn't
have a door to the house, and I was glad for that.  Not to mention
my wife's collection of Honda Superhawk gas tanks, each containing
vintage gas.  The reek of old gas never really goes away.

The house I have now, there's two doors and
a hallway between the garage and the house, and that keeps the
smells out of the house.

Eric