Re: [Shop-talk] ZEP ant baits

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] ZEP ant baits
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 13:47:42 -0700
Randall,

I was also happy with the Zep ant baits. I really like the fact that
they are clear so you can see the inside and know when the bait is gone,
so for very active ants, you know to replace it.

I called Zep several years ago when they disappeared from Home Depot.
The same product is sold under the "Enforcer" brand at hardware stores.
True Value is one of the chains. Since you are local, Hawthorne Hardware
at 13532 Hawthorne Blvd carries them. There are two varieties and I keep
forgetting which one is best. The AntMax with Abamectin don't seem to
work with my ants, so I will be going back for the other kind. Boric
acid powder also doesn't seem to phase them for me, but maybe there are
just too many.

For comparison, I found an old Zep bait in the back of a cabinet and the
active ingredient is N-ethyl Perfluorgoctanesulfonamide.

Please let me know if you have any luck with other methods as I am
spraying a couple times a week to try and keep them out of the new
house. I'd really like to eliminate the massive colonies around the
property.

The next pest control step will be what I expect are gophers.

Brian