Re: [Shop-talk] Recharging a Ni-Cad Battery

To: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Recharging a Ni-Cad Battery
From: jibjib@att.net
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 03:18:02 +0000
Karl,

I did say very occassionally and I do not believe that NiCad packs will have an
issue with it, especially at the 1/10 C rate I also discussed.

I would not do this with NiMH and certainly not any Lithium chemistry. which
defnitely require balanced charging or regular balancing.  I only use balanced
chargers on Lithium cells, but simple 1/10 C charging on everything else.

Complete discharging of NiCad (and only NiCad) packs is not an uncommon
practice in the RC world.

Jack