[Shop-talk] circuit finder ???

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] circuit finder ???
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 07:54:38 -0500
I'm trying to locate a run of wire in the middle of a circuit in the house.
I could crawl all over the attic raking back insulation to trace it but
there has to be a better way for an old man to do this..

I'm looking for a device that will locate a circuit midway in a run of
wiring.  I've seen what Lowes and H.D. offers with the little plug in thingy
and the other part that you use to check each breaker to find which breaker
controls that plug... but will this device work by placing the 'wand' along
the line between the plug and the breaker ?

Seems like it should but before I spend 30-40 bucks and climb in the attic
it would be nice to know ??  OR does someone know of a device that does
exactly what I'm needing ??

tia
John

 "A Free People ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should
have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence
from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own
government."  George Washington