Re: [Shop-talk] 110 vac winch

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 110 vac winch
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:02:10 -0500
Exactly what I use at the hangar to pull the Stearman back in.  12V winches
are much cheaper than 120V ones and an old battery on a BatteryMinder seems
to last forever in this use.

My comments on the lifting vs pulling were mostly related to Harbor Freight
who seems to use the same winch term for both types.  Personally, hoist
means "chain hoist" or "chain fall" to me.

Karl