[Shop-talk] 110 vac winch

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] 110 vac winch
From: Frank Vantacich <rustymetal@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 08:39:44 -0700 (PDT)
I made a hinged wooden stair case to get in to the loft of my new barn and am
in need of a 110vac winch to hoist it up out of the way so I can drive through
to the other half of my barn.  I originally bought a cheapy winch, about
$70.00, that lasted about a year but it has since stopped working in one
direction.  It will let the stair case down but it will not even try to hoist
it back up.  It may be repairable, I have not taken it a part yet.

If I can't repair it does any one recommend a replacement winch they've had
good luck with? I'd be willing to spend about $125.00.  I've checked out a few
web sites including Northern Tools but they're a little high. The stair case
weighs probably 200lbs and needs to be hoisted up about 10ft.

Thanks for the help.

Frank V.
rustymetal@sbcglobal.net