Re: [Shop-talk] Mailbox to end all mailboxes

To: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mailbox to end all mailboxes
From: Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 01:54:21 +0000 (UTC)
I've been following this thread since the beginning.

I have the opposite problem - the snow plow operators stay a good 3 feet away
from our mail box.  Meaning the snow is well and thoroughly piled up in a nice
row in front of the mail box so the delivery can't be made.   All twelve feet
of road is packed into the two or three feet in front of the box.

I'd rather they take out my box occasionally than to leave me to move the 30 ft
long by 3 ft wide by 2-3-4-5 ft deep pile that greets me every snowy morning :(

Maybe a breakaway box that can be easily be reset would suit?
Donald.