[Shop-talk] storing brake components?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] storing brake components?
From: Obaa <obaa996@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:10:35 -0800 (PST)
I've been picking through the remains of a friend's parts car before it goes
off to the crusher.  I'm about to pull the brake system (master cylinder,
calipers, and rotors) for spares, as they are fairly new (3 months old?) and
directly interchange with mine.  However, I'm not likely to actually need them
for who knows how long....
What is the best way to prep these for indefinite storage.  I suspect I should
be flushing out the residual brake fluid with something, as the old stuff will
attract moisture?  What will drive out the brake fluid without causing issues
by itself?  I don't think the internals are coated with anything, so the raw
steel/aluminum in the bores will likely corrode quickly without some
protection.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike