Re: [Shop-talk] hydronic heat retrofit?

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] hydronic heat retrofit?
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 10:01:10 -0500
Keep in mind that electric heaters are for the most part all the same
efficiency.  The heater you link to is 400W, which is not
much.  Depending on your needs and climate, It might work for
you.  Just realize that they haven't invented any magic that will
make that heater put out more than 400W worth of heat.

Also, I believe you mentioned a timer.  I don't think that heater has
a fan, but for a heater with a fan you have to be careful about
timers.  I have an electric heater that runs the fan for a while
after the coils turn off.  I was told by the manufacturer that if I
just cut the power to it, it would shorten the life of the coils.  Of
course it has to be built to handle that situation in power failures
without burning the house down.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net