Re: [Shop-talk] Quick question on garage floors and garage lifts

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Quick question on garage floors and garage lifts
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:23:28 -0700
> There is an auto shop closing about a mile from my house and they
> are selling
> their 10,000 lb commercial lift.  It is far more than I will ever
> need, but
> they are currently asking $1000 and need it gone by tomorrow, so
> they would
> probably take less.

If the commercial lift is a two-post lift, t will take extensive
anchoring to make it usable. If the lift is four-post, it can stand
free on the floor without any anchoring. Costco has a four-post lift
in their on-line catalog, and shipping is included. That would be my
choice: New, clean, and with a warranty.

- Bill Rabel
   Anacortes, WA