[Shop-talk] smoking 1993 El Dorado

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] smoking 1993 El Dorado
From: Frank Vantacich <rustymetal@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:32:53 -0700 (PDT)
My son received a free 1993 El Dorado North Star 32 valve Cadillac recently
with 122,000 miles on it.  The car sat idle for almost a year although it was
started periodically.  We drove it home the three miles with no problems.
After having it for a few weeks and starting it every other day it started to
put out white smoke  immediately upon starting and then gets less and less but
never disappearing completely as things heated up.

I was always under the impression that white smoke meant a water leak,  blue
smoke meant excess oil and black smoke meant a rich mixture.  Is this true?

Frank V.
rustymetal@sbcglobal.net