[Shop-talk] Yet again ... best OBD-II hardware/software package ...

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Yet again ... best OBD-II hardware/software package ...
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:34:19 -0500
I need to diagnose the Check Engine light on the wife's '97 BMW M3.

Given the plethora of Wintel laptops I have lying around it would seem that
getting the hardware and software to make one into a dedicated OBD-II reader
would be the appropriate path.

It seems it has been about a year since this topic was discussed so ... what
are the latest thoughs on the subject?

Thanks,
Arvid