[Shop-talk] TV Switch to digital broadcasting

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] TV Switch to digital broadcasting
From: Dwade Reinsch <dreinsch@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 02:32:48 -0700 (PDT)
Being old and poor, I''m not planning to replacing my TV's as we switch to
digital broadcasting, but plan to get converter boxes for all three of my
current TV's.
I got my $40 coupon a few days ago and picked up a GE brand box
for the first TV.  I've installed it and everything works fine EXCEPT (this is
where I need help from the list) I'm not able to skip or turn off the channels
that I do not want tosee as I push the channel change button.  I'm receiving
about 35 total channels now but 4 are weather channels, and 10+ are Spanish
channels.  When I'm channel surfing, I'd like to skip over those channels and
just go to the channels I usually watch.
Is this possible with a converter
box?  Do I need to buy a more expensive box to get this function?  Has anyone
else had this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Dwade