Re: [Shop-talk] painting with hvlp ??

To: john niolon <jniolon@bham.rr.com>, shop-talk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] painting with hvlp ??
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:29:07 -0700 (PDT)
These days, most of the HF-grade $39 guns are
allegedly "HVLP".  Then there are the "real" HVLP
setups that have a special electric-powered air source
that resembles a vacuum cleaner in reverse.

Which were you thinking of?

I am curious, too:  can anybody describe the
difference between using a "HVLP" gun and a true HVLP
system?

I have been using HF guns (mostly primer so far, very
little topcoat) and they work for me, but I don;t have
anything to compare them with...

Doug