Re: [Shop-talk] 1" hole through cinder block ?

To: "'Shop-Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 1" hole through cinder block ?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:12:14 -0700
> True cinderblocks and the like are quite soft, and a simple
> masonry bit spinning in a regular drill will go through it
> quite readily.

Yup, just cinder block.  Soft (compared to concrete) and fragile.

Thanks to all that replied.  The 3/4" pipe I'm using is a bit under 1-1/8"
diameter; but needs to be sloped for water drainage and I didn't want to
worry about getting the hole at exactly the right angle.  In fact, 1-1/2"
would probably be better.

Not sure what I'll do, but I'll check around for tool rental places.

Randall