Re: [Shop-talk] 1" hole through cinder block ?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 1" hole through cinder block ?
From: <bottorff25@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:53:47 -0500 (CDT)
"Or buy this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=41983";

Mark

I bought that same drill recently in order to chisel up about 500 square feet
of ceramic tile from a concrete slab. It held up well even though it was in
continuous use running in hammer mode for hours and hours at a time. I was
prepared to consider it disposable but I'll hang on to it. Only thing I had to
do was put some good synthetic grease in it. The stuff it's supplied with over
heats and breaks down after about 30 minutes of continuous hard use. You could
feel the gearbox begin to overheat and get a little noisy until I swapped out
the grease. If only drilling holes I can't imagine it would ever be a problem
though. The drill will take any SDS bit.

-Damon