Re: [Shop-talk] water filter for blast cabinet

To: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>, shop-talk Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] water filter for blast cabinet
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 19:37:42 -0700 (PDT)
Did you notice the small print?

  "Paper filter has a one-year lifespan if cleaned
with a blow gun after each use"

Cleaning a vacuum cleaner filter with compressed air
is insanely messy!

I recommend the "used shop vac from a garage sale"
approach.

In my experience, the biggest hindrance to visibility
is the plastic shield on the inside of the glass
getting frosted up.  Fortunately, I found that a
nearby hardware store carried semi-rigid plastic film
for about $2 per yard, which means that a replacing
the plastic costs me about $1...

Doug

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=96450