Re: [Shop-talk] john deere lawn tractors?

To: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] john deere lawn tractors?
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 19:47:31 -0500
I mow about 5 acres of lawn, meadow and orchard with a John Deere STX46.
It takes me about 5 hours, including trimming around the trees, so about
4 hours on the rider. If I let the grass get too tall it can take all day.

I also have an old International Harvester Super C tractor with a 5'
shreader. It takes me more than 8 hours to shread the 10 acre hay field.
Seems like it would take longer on the JD, but the hay is usually 3-4'
tall, which the JD couldn't handle at any speed!

The rest of the place I just let the cattle and goats keep it mowed!

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Steve Shipley:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001