Re: [Shop-talk] jack stands

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] jack stands
From: "Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 06:16:54 -0400
> Rather than a ratcheting mechanism to raise and lower it, it has the pin
> through the hole method of adjusting the height - I much prefer that
> kind as it isn't going to possibly slip.

Until the pin sheers, which I have done.  Then the whole thing crashes down
instantly.

They're cast aluminum, which snaps with no warning and no bending.

The base is small, by anyones measure.  Very unstable.

The base is capable of rolling.  Check out the history of that disasterous
round based stand Snap-On came up with a few years back.  Had the neat habit
of rolling with the car on them.