Re: [Shop-talk] hand tool recommendations that don't break the bank

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] hand tool recommendations that don't break the bank
From: Rand E <mistertwo@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:43:59 -0800 (PST)
Also, check the Seats Outlet stores, if you have one
in your area.  Usually some good deals there.  Some
are scratch-and-dent, others are closeouts, etc.  Last
week I saw a 122-piece socket/tool-set, retail price
was $130, sale price was $99, Outlet price was $69.

Just yesterday I bought a 14-drawer rolling toolcart,
original price was $830.  I got it for $415.  It was
slightly damaged, though.  The front lip of the top
drawer was bent (easy fix, nothing structural, only
cosmetic) and the slide had come off track on the same
corner because the edge of the support was out of
position.  Pushed the support back into position,
straightened the drawer and works like new.  They also
have others that are with more damage and other items
that have been repaired.

Sometimes the manager will deal even on the prices.

Randy