Re: [Shop-talk] trailer advice needed

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] trailer advice needed
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:34:39 -0700
One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is tongue weight.
Having insufficient tongue weight is a really bad thing.
I towed a 1400 lb. race car on a single axle trailer behind
a Ford extended length Aerostar for years and never had a
problem with tracking. The van did have the factory tow
package but I think that all that got you was limited slip
and beefed up electrics at the back end. I will admit that
dual axle and brakes are probably good but it sounded like
the 1200 mile trip was a one shot deal. Just take it easy.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com