[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Shop-talk] auto shop slang

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] auto shop slang
From: Mark Andy <>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:31:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Mike Frerichs wrote:
> I've often heard wire cutters referred to as dykes (dikes?).  I'm not 
> even going to hazard a guess as to how that name came about.

To me, dkyes are those pliers that look like side cutters, but still have 
big gripping ends out past the cutting edges.  I think they might normally 
be called 'linesman pliers'?


Shop-talk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>