Re: [Shop-talk] To kill a refrigerator

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] To kill a refrigerator
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:37:39 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Randall wrote:
> David Hillman wrote...
>>     This has made for one of the most entertaining shop-talk
>> threads in a long time, but it seems really silly.
>
> Makes perfect sense to me ... have you priced a decent new refrigerator
> recently ?  Not one of those injection-molded plastic things but with honest
> glass and copper and steel in it ?
[snip]
> Add to that the price, which could easily be several MONTHS disposable
> income for a retired couple ... I wouldn't buy a new one either !

    Whoa, that's a whole 'nother discussion.  I'm not saying the silly part
is buying a new fridge, since they definitely don't make anything like
they used to.  The silliness is in destroying a perfectly-good fridge that
has lasted 30 years just because you can't win an argument with your wife.

    Either figure out a better argument, or get to like that old fridge...
but sneaking around and destroying it just to get a new one ( that'll
never last as long, as pointed out ) is just silly.

--
  David Hillman