Re: [Shop-talk] Brass fittings

To: "'Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA'" <gsteve@hammatt.com>,
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brass fittings
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:00:39 -0700
> I've got an antique car with a Carter BB-1 carb.  I need to
> add a 90 degree brass fitting to the seat assembly.  It's
> currently configured to fit a straight-in 45 degree taper
> compression fitting for 3/8" (?) copper tubing.  I need a 90
> degree elbow that will fit the existing taper tubing fitting
> on one end and accept the same type of tubing on the other.
> Hope this makes sense<grin>
> I've searched my favorite vendor (McMaster-Carr) but didn't
> find the necessary piece.

I must not be understanding you correctly, Steve.  You want a brass
right-angle fitting, with tapered pipe threads on one side; and a
compression fitting on the other side, correct ?  MMC has them in several
varieties; I bought some with 1/8" NPT pipe and "high vibration" 1/4" od
compression just a few months ago.

3/8" sounds big to me, but look at MMC P/N 5053K65.
http://www.mcmaster.com/addlcontent/cad.asp?PN=5053K65&view=2D&size=2

Randall