Re: [Shop-talk] Satellite Internet Service

To: Shop-Talk Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Satellite Internet Service
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:26:53 -0400
Another option that is gaining momentum is broadband over powerline.  DirecTV
is looking at it, and Google has dropped some cash into the fray

Doesn't help you now, but relief may be on the way!

PJ

shop-talk@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Satellite Internet Service>
> I second the opinion of satellite TV vs. cable. I have never lost > signal
due to weather with my Dish Network service at my beach house. > However, my
cable service at home is undependable, mainly due to the > cable box. It is a
Motorola box with HD and DVR capability. It often > crashes for no apparent
reason, and takes five minutes or so to get > back on line. It has frequently
done this during recording, and I > lose the program. I anticipate buying one
of the new TiVo boxes that > works on Comcast, since my experience with TiVo
is that the box is > more responsive and never screws up, and the controls and
menu > hierarchies are more logical.> > - Bill Rabel> Anacortes, WA> > > we
never got that outage with the sat. t.v. (or at least not like > > the cable
companies try to scare you with). our land-line comcast > > cable, on the
other hand, goes out for any and every reason. so > > much so that the comcast
will not be making the transition to the > > new house, we're on to dsl and
dish t.v.