Re: [Shop-talk] FW: Anode for compressor

To: Jack Brooks <jibjib@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] FW: Anode for compressor
From: Dave & M <rusd@sitestar.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 23:03:45 -0600
Jack,

Not stumped - just waiting for someone else to explain it.

For a sacrificial anode to work, it must be well connected
electrically to the object that it is protecting. The two metals
actually form a small battery with the water acting as the
electrolyte. A small current must flow between the two metals. So -
You need a good electrical connection between anode
& air tank, & also an electrolyte.

In the original water heater, the anode is securely connected to the
tank & there is plenty of water (electrolyte), I don't really see how
you would accomplish this without a lot of water in the tank, etc.

Regards,
Dave Russell