Re: Best way to store small engine

To: "Dave & M" <rusd@velocitus.net>
Subject: Re: Best way to store small engine
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:57:22 -0600
*"Sta-bil" seems to work for me but I've added a twist for my 4 stroke
motors:*

*I drain the  tank and add a few ounces of my prepared 2-stroke fuel, a good
quality like "Lawn Boy"  32 to 1 mix .  Then I crank the motor and let it
run dry.  Between the "Sta-bil" and the slight oil residue, I seem to be
well protected against gumming, gasket dry-out and rusting in the cylinders
. . .  I also use 2-stroke fuel mix when starting up in the spring and when
starting a newly overhauled motor, even cars and tractors, it gives them a
little lubrication when they most need it.  Works for me. *