Re: Best way to store small engine

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Best way to store small engine
From: David Cole <dgcole01@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:32:01 -0600
I have a Honda powered generator that I sue with my rear engine
dragster.  I use it weekly during the season, but store it unused in
the winter.

During the last race of the year I add Stabil to the tank.  There is
a fuel shutoff between the tank and carb.  Before I store it, I will
shut off the fuel to the carb and run it until it dies.  In the
spring it will start on the first pull when I open the fuel valve.  5
winters on it so far this way.

Not exactly the best way for your situation, but getting it out and
starting it every few months seems to be the best way.  Keeps
everything working and the gaskets don't get dried out.

David Cole