Re: hot water heating

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hot water heating
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:09:15 -0800 (PST)
> don't know what the 2.5 gallon tank cost (mentioned by another);
> the DHC 4-2 uses a 20 amp (12 ga wire) 240 V supply at the sink in my
> auxilliary shop...costs $150 or less, easy hookup, etc.

I have it on 110V 15A branch circuit. That was part of the issue; I hadn't
done my homework, and by the time I went to look at tankless, I didn't
have big enough wiring in place and the walls were mostly closed up.

At the time, I wasn't able to find such small ones. I could have put in
the 240/20A unit, but I could only find 40-60A ones!

>  also heats water to
> outside hose spigots for washing car/ whatever; 2.5 gal storage tank can't
> do that...

Very true. Not an issue for me, but ...